Conclusions of the Development Forum
have been posted and are available under "Documentation"
ICAO Colloquium on Aviation Emissions
ICAO Headquarters, Montréal, Canada,
14 - 16 May 2007
For more information, click here.
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to participate in a development forum on Maximizing Civil Aviation’s Economic Contribution in African Skies, which will be held at the headquarters of the African Union in Addis Ababa from the 23rd to the 25th of April 2007.
Currently, the civil aviation sector is facing great challenges especially in Africa. However, the economic importance of civil aviation remains one of the central factors when considering strategies and measures to cope with current realities. In addition, many African countries depend heavily on a functioning air transport network for their economic growth efforts and initiatives.
The African Union, with the support of ATAG, ICAO, and the World Bank, has decided to conduct a forum with the objectives of:
- promoting air transport as a catalyst for economic growth and development in Africa
- reviewing changes in policies, management, and technologies affecting air transport
- addressing constraints in implementing and/or operating air transport systems and services
- identifying regulatory approaches, benchmarks, and other measures for remedial action
- promoting close cooperation and private/public sector partnerships in air transport development
The findings and conclusions of this three day event will be made available to the public on the Forums website.
We hope you will be able to attend this forum. The participation is free of charge. For further details, please contact us.